Our end user client requires a Support & Optimisation Manager to oversee the team responsible for providing AX technical support to their EMEA business. Candidates must have a strong AX technical background and AX development experience.
- Manage a technical team of software developers and DBAs responsible for developing and deploying bug patches for production defects within the Dynamics AX environment.
- Providing proactive monitoring of system health and performance.
- Identify and implement system improvements
- Provide ITIL based tier 3 level technical support for users of the EMEA Dynamics AX system
- Oversee coding and unit testing of production defect patches
- Deliver DBA services for the EMEA Dynamics AX environment (SQL Server)
- Provide system health and performance monitoring at the server, SQL and application levels
- Responsible for ITIL tier 3 level technical support for Dynamic AX ERP environment
- Creation and maintenance of non-production Dynamics AX environments
- Manage code base repository and all branching and merging activity for all the Dynamics AX environments
- Define and assign task level deliverables, and create and maintain work plans for team members
- Conduct performance reviews of team members and identify areas of improvement, give feedback and recommend for promotions or salary increments
- Interview candidates and hire resources as needed
- Minimum 6 years’ experience managing and/or developing in a Microsoft Dynamics AX ERP environment
- Minimum of 3 years direct IT team management experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Team Foundation Server experience for code base management
- Ability to be on call and serve as an escalation point for on call support team members
- Possesses significant knowledge of Dynamics AX and ERP systems architectures.
- Possesses demonstrated work experience with SQL Server
- Experience in troubleshooting, software development processes and ability to understand and implement customer requirements
- Experience with system performance monitoring and tuning techniques
- Experience building and a managing multi-national virtual teams a plus
- ITIL foundations and certifications desired
- BA/BS in Information Technology or similar field required