Our global client requires an articulate and energetic SQL/RPG Integration Developer to further enhance their team. They are looking for a developer with strong integration skills across SQL and RPG to assist with ongoing project activity. They offer excellent working conditions, a friendly and warm work environment and the chance to travel across Europe.
- Ability to rapidly acquire knowledge of enterprise systems and their interactions.
- Ability to facilitate stakeholder involvement in interface projects. Assure business and technical architecture aligns with the customer’s functional and non-functional requirements.
- Proficient in SQL, CLP and RPGLE programming including the ability to write advanced analytical queries and functions.
- Proficient on the iSeries platform.
- Experience working with high volume, business critical, large capacity systems in a 24x7 environment.
- Must demonstrate accountability, sound decision making, priority setting, analytical thoroughness, clear and concise communications.
- Experience working in an Integration architect role using large global programs.
- Proven experience in messaging models, patterns, understanding of SOA, EAI, EDI, and ETL best practices.
- Familiarity with EDI standards, techniques and systems including communication protocols.
- Experience with Java development would be desirable.
- Experience with multiple interface development/management tools is preferred.
- Strong understanding of database design and management.
- Develop and support integration activities for global applications, processes and supporting subsystems ensuring SDLC standards are used.
- Troubleshoot, debug and support business applications or processes using CLP, RPGLE, JAVA or SQL
- Provide recommendations with regards to best practice and the use of integration tool sets and where they may be able to be used within the business.
- Drive the implementation and use of any integration products or toolsets selected.
- Adequately document and maintain all integration / SQL related activity at a technical and functional level maintaining business continuity plan and adherence to audit and security.
- Develop and support software interfaces, migrations, upgrades, enhancements including backups/archiving.
- Develop SQL scripts to enquire or update the ERP database on the iSeries meeting the business’s requirement
- Develop and monitor KPI’s.
- Troubleshoot integration or data workflow issues, reporting on the root cause and ensuring there are no further reoccurrences.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge base of current patterns, modern trends and tools in the integration space.
- Monitor integration performance and when necessary implement performance tuning techniques.
Candidates must be eligible to work in this country.