Our leading end user client are seeking to recruit a SQL Database Administrator. The SQL DBA will be responsible for database management. This will include managing the lifecycle of the SQL Servers, their support, maintenance and resiliency. The DBA will become the subject matter expert for maintenance and optimisation of data and databases and will form close relationships with users of the data such as the BI, D365 and Operations teams among others.
- 3+ years DBA experience
- Demonstratable skills with Microsoft SQL Server 2008 to 2016
- Skills with other areas of the SQL stack; SSIS, SSRS and SSAS
- Experience in Query Optimisation and Performance Tuning
- Knowledge of cloud-based database technologies and how they could be implemented
- Understanding of ITIL framework
- Database design, development and security
- Expertise in Installation, configuration and managing database servers or services to ensure better performance and application availability.
- Operational management of the company’s database estate
- Performs systems and application monitoring and alerting.
- Create & support integration services packages
- Act as the SME for data strategy
- Disaster recovery planning for SQL servers.
- Act as 3rd line escalation for SQL issues.
- Defined contribution pension matched individual and company input at 5%, 6% or 7% Including death in service (after 12weeks)
- Private medical health cover (after 12 months)
- 24 days holiday + bank holidays
- High street benefits package (full details will be included in the offer)
Candidates must be eligible to work in this country.