Our client is looking for a Contract Technical Architect who has DV clearance to assist on a large-scale programme based in Gloucester. This will be an initial 3-month contract with the potential for extension. We are looking for a Technical Architect / Technologist who can ideally demonstrate a solid 10+ years of experience in architecture, design and ‘hands on’ competence within a computer science orientated domain.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge of X86 platforms and other mainstream computing architectures
- Knowledge of High-Performance Computing (HPC) would be advantageous
- Knowledge of storage technologies including Block, SAN, Object, File
- Knowledge of Tape Silos and Tape Mechanisms as well as backup and restore mechanisms
- Knowledge of Tiered Storage, Thin Provisioning, Data Replication, Data Migration, Routing, De-duplication
- Strong knowledge of Puppet, Foreman and related technologies including Hiera and Ansible
- IaaS/PaaS – strong product knowledge of VMWare (VRealise/VRA) and/or OpenStack based solutions coupled with Openshift/Kubernetes/Docker based container solutions
- Knowledge of Active Directory and DNS
- Experience of application servers (JBOSS) and middleware components (Java, J2EE)
- Certification and knowledge of solutions from AWS and/or Microsoft Azure/Azurestack
- Dev/ops – practical knowledge of tool chaining through a CI/CD pipeline including the ability to code in main stream languages such as Python, C, etc.