Our UK leading and award winning end user client is looking to enhance their Business intelligence and reporting capabilities, as such we are looking to recruit additional BI focused resource for the role of BI / Data Business Analyst. The primary focus of the role will involve liaising with the business stakeholders & users, leading requirement workshops to obtain Business Intelligence & Operational reporting requirements. You will have an in-depth business understanding and technical skills to turn high-level business requirements into detailed analysis. You will also be liaising with the Technical and Developer teams.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to engage confidently with stakeholders and end users, clearly communicate vision, goals and requirements
- Ability to “draw out” the requirements of others and identify areas that may have not been previously considered
- Capable of creating a highly compelling and accurate programme of requirements that consider all stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret complex business needs and translate these into requirements
- Challenges the need for reports for reports sake (and seeks to identify the business value) and is comfortable advising on what works well, and what doesn’t
- Work on multiple projects at various stages of delivery
- Writing software/functional specifications for a development team.
- Experience working within a BI team and good understanding Data Warehousing and BI technologies of how it can benefit the business
- Production of business requirements documentation & functional specifications
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Business Analyst
- BCS Business Analysis Certificate desirable
- Experience with Data Warehousing and BI technologies (SQL & Cognos preferred)
- Experience within manufacturing/food industry desirable