Our industry-leading end user-client is seeking to appoint a Software Development Manager to join their busy and expanding Technology department. In this role you will be accountable for managing and leading on all planning, technical and quality deliverables across multiple teams, working on different projects and cycles. The Software Development Manager will be tasked with delivering high-quality applications across the business, which have been prioritised and delivered against agreed SLA’s and business objectives. You will need to be a great people leader able to build loyal and engaged teams. This will include ensuring teams have the skills and behaviours to achieve their goals, coaching team members and developing performance and talent.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Confident managing a team of Software Developers and the prioritisation of workload using an ALM tool such as Azure DevOps
- Experience working with third party development organisations
- Knowledge of various databases, including SQL.
- Knowledge of technologies, including Microsoft .NET, ASP.NET Core (C#), and RESTful web services
- Experience of working with Saas and cloud hosted solutions
- Familiar with the Microsoft Power Platform; Sitecore and UiPath (or similar RPA tool)
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Eager and willing to learn new skills to aid the understanding of the constant evolving technology arena
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, ideally in a computing-related discipline
- Prince 2 Practitioner (or equivalent Project Management experience)
- Create the project plan/forecast for project delivery against agreed scope and provides regular, transparent progress reports
- Build relationships across IT, the wider business and key external stakeholders to ensure delivery of high quality applications in line with agreed SLA’s
- Collaborate with third party development organisations, including, but not limited to mobility solutions (Apps) and web applications, ensuring the quality delivered to coincide with internal projects
- Collaborate with the Technical Architect, the IT Leadership team and the IT Service team to ensure alignment with the overall IT architecture landscape
- Support additional workstreams and projects in collaboration with the wider ‘development team,’ partaking in code reviews where appropriate
- Lead, motivate, develop and manage the performance of the team to ensure that they have the skills and support to achieve their potential and meet the company’s high-quality standard’s
- Use programming experience to provide technical guidance, clear thinking, commercial and pragmatic decision-making; leading & mentoring developers to make better decisions & credible delivery plans.
Location: High Wycombe
Candidates must be eligible to work in this country.