Our industry-leading end-user client based in High Wycombe is seeking to appoint a Lead Business Systems Analyst to join their busy and expanding Technology team. You will be leading a team of Business Systems Analysts to deliver effective project initiatives across our operational business areas. The role is critical in delivering the definition of software solutions that are built in-house, by a third party or the selection of a packaged solution. Whilst the role has a strong execution focus in terms of task delivery and technical ability, you will also be a great people leader able to build loyal and engaged teams. The Lead Business Systems Analyst will have the ability and experience to build strong working relationships with senior leaders and stakeholders to deliver high quality IT applications.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Experience leading a team of business systems analysts in an operations and/or logistics organisation
- Experience of facilitating and capturing business requirements in user stories and functional specifications
- Confident working with packaged system vendors, third party development organisations and internal development teams.
- Able to work individually and as part of a larger multi-disciplined project team
- Data analysis skills to support projects assessment
- Able to communicate at all levels and adopt a flexible, pragmatic & consultative approach
- Can deliver challenging messages in a positive and pragmatic approach
- Motivational team leader who drives high performing teams, ensuring they are equipped to achieve success in their roles
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills.
- Strong written communication skills and a strong attention to detail
- Eager and willing to learn new skills to aid the understanding of the constant evolving technology arena
- Ability to prioritise workload and projects for the successful delivery of requirements
- Ideally educated to at least Batchelor Degree level. Ideally in a computing related discipline
- Prince 2 Practitioner (or equivalent Project Management experience) beneficial
- Lead & drive the business systems analyst teams to deliver commitments on all projects
- Control the progression of projects, ensuring requirements are gathered, clearly documented in functional specifications or user stories to the agreed standards, and agreed by all stakeholders
- Lead and contribute to the development of PQQ, RFI and RFP for the selection of packaged software
- Lead, motivate, develop and manage the performance of the team to ensure that they have the skills and support to achieve their potential and meet the company’s high quality standard’s
- Collaborate with the Technical Architect, the IT Leadership team and the IT Service team to ensure alignment with the overall IT architecture landscape and to ensure smooth transition of solutions into the IT services team
- Where necessary, work as part of a wider project team consisting of Project Managers, Process Specialists, Training and Change Management personnel, as well as acting in these capacities for smaller initiatives
- Promotion of the work of the IT department and cross-divisional selling of IT initiatives around the group
- Promote a partnership culture between the IT department and divisions/functions within the group, including liaison with L&D for training literature and knowledge
Location: High Wycombe
Candidates must be eligible to work in this country.