Our end-user client requires an SQL DBA to join their team and be responsible for database management. This will include managing the lifecycle of the SQL Servers, their support, maintenance and resiliency. The SQL DBA will become the go to person for maintenance and optimization of data and databases and will form close relationships with users of the data such as the BI team, 365 team and Operations team among others. The Administrator will serve as the subject matter expert for the Operations Centre for SQL issues that they cannot resolve. In turn the DBA will feed into the Operations Centre knowledgebase to build new skills within 1st and 2nd line support streams.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Management of Microsoft SQL Server 2008 to 2016
- Experience in Query Optimisation and Performance Tuning
- Eager to learn new technologies and take responsibility in technical projects
- Demonstrate ability to take initiative, think and work independently, problem-solve, work in teams and multitask
- Skills with other areas of the SQL stack; SSIS, SSRS and SSAS
- Knowledge of cloud-based database technologies and how they could be implemented
- Understanding of ITIL framework
- Strong, written and verbal communications skills with the ability to present ideas and technical solutions in user-friendly language
- Database design and development
- Database security
- Expertise in Installation, configuration and managing database servers or services to ensure better performance and application availability.
- Operational management of the company’s database estate
- Performs systems and application monitoring and alerting.
- Create & support integration services packages
- Work closely with complimentary teams whose work may affect ours or vice versa
- Act as the SME for data strategy
- Disaster recovery planning for SQL servers.
- Act as 3rd line escalation for SQL issues.
- Flexibility regarding working hours and location
Candidates must be eligible to work in this country.