Our end user client is seeking to recruit an IT Project Manager to join their busy and growing technology team. The successful candidate will have experience working in a fast paced, project-orientated environment and strives for perfection in all that they do. The role will be working on a mixture of highly exciting new projects as well as working in a BAU state. Someone with a strong Microsoft and Azure background is preferred.
This role is a mix of on-site and working remotely
- Developing, planning, building and optimising IT Infrastructure, particularly Azure technologies.
- Ensure incident and problems management processes are mature with strong communication plans
- Manage and cultivate a high-performing team, investing the time to ensure efficient team utilisation and productivity; and that project management methodologies are upheld where appropriate to these teams and workloads
- To deliver IT Infrastructure projects successfully, ensuring delivery within agreed timescales, scope and budgets
- Reporting on all projects within the Infrastructure projects queue ensuring a high level dashboard is available highlighting risk, budget discrepancies and successes.
- Develop, measure and monitor IT system availability and performance standards
- Manage IT service performance, availability and capacity; Ensure Azure capacity is measured providing capacity reports and appropriate availability in line with demand forecasting
- Demonstrate and test service continuity plans and ensure systems perform to agreed RPO and RTO recovery times
- Ensure Infrastructure budgets are adhered to and expenditure is optimised and reduced with particular focus on SaaS, Azure and cloud service costs.
- Manage multiple IT vendors ensuring adherence to agreed KPIs.
- Ensure regular service delivery meetings are held, act as a key escalation point and feed into contract negotiation for renewed and enhanced services
- IT management experience
- Proven experience with Infrastructure design and decision making
- Proven ability to inspire and mentor high performance teams
- Ability to manage transition and deliver technology solutions
- Hands on Azure experience
- Office 365 experience including Skype, Teams and other key 365 applications
- Hands on Network and IP telephony experience preferably Avaya and contact center system knowledge
- Ability to develop a comprehensive understanding of all business plans, and relate that knowledge to identify operational and IT-related initiatives
- Knowledge necessary to propose relevant IT responses to changing business and project risks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills — including the ability to effectively communicate concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences
- Strong skills as a negotiator, to facilitate commitment to change and service improvements with the appropriate level of judgment and maturity
- High degree of initiative, dependability and ability to work with little supervision
- Ability and willingness to travel as required ensuring project success
Location: Bexhill – East Sussex
Candidates must be eligible to work in this country.