Our global end-user client is seeking to appoint an Azure Data Engineer to join their growing IT team and assist with a number of new key projects and integration work. The role is fundamental in helping the business develop and transform to use new systems, capabilities and features of the Microsoft cloud stack. This is a remote-based role, with travel to their Cambridge-based office 2-3 times a week.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Cloud data platform experience required.
- Azure SQL Server, Azure Synapse, Azure Analysis Services and Azure Data Factory experience highly desirable, but not essential.
- Strong understanding of the Power BI platform.
- Strong knowledge of SQL; Understanding of DAX and/or MDX a plus.
- Experience with Databricks is desirable, but not essential.
- Working with product owners to identify and design data solutions.
- Design complex data sets to meet the needs of business requirements.
- Troubleshoot and optimize data pipelines.
- Engineering data pipelines to pull data from on-premises and cloud data sources.
- Create & maintain optimized data pipeline architecture.
- Extracting data and consolidating with data lakes, data warehouses and data marts.
- Engineering models to connect different data sources together.
- Constructing a library of data components that can easily be reused to answer different business questions.
Location: Hybrid – Cambridge/Remote