Our End User Client requires a QA Test Analyst on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will initially support the successful delivery of our client’s EMG project, which is a key business priority and your contribution will be critical to its success. You will be responsible for understanding requirements from the technical teams in Development, Infrastructure, Architecture and Database Analytics, creating test plans and influencing internal technical teams to create the requirements for testing.
You will also liaise with business stakeholders to understand the system requirements, as well as carry out testing, report the outcome and criticality of failure to the project lead and give feedback to the technical team for changes to be made.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Proven experience as a software tester working in a physical/virtual server environment, testing big projects such as warehouse and ERP systems.
- Experience in using T-SQL to create queries, temp tables, query across multiple databases.
- Experience in writing test scripts and regression packs.
- Basic knowledge of test tools i.e. SoapUI, Postman, RSAT etc.
- Competent with exploratory & Functionality testing methodology and session-based test management.
- Experience in testing APIs and Integration.
- Assisting the IT Support Teams and Project Teams in supporting relevant systems and resolving faults.
- Reviewing and analysing specifications and requirements to produce detailed test plans, test scripts, test cases, and test exit reports to ensure the delivery of high-quality products.
- Ensuring test risks and issues are identified, tracked, reported, and resolved within a timely manner.
- Working with Developers, Business Analysts, Project Managers and appropriate GW staff to produce test scenarios and test cases.
- Testing throughout the project lifecycle, recording results and where appropriate performing initial root cause investigation within targeted milestones assuring quality assurance in each phase.
- Creating home-grown tools and scripts to facilitate and support ad-hoc testing. Including assisting in the development/maintenance of automation tests and/or frameworks.
- Defect tracking and management, working with development teams to identify the root cause and resolve issues.